A very big thank you to all our members for your support during this second lockdown. We trust you are looking forward to returning to your club as much as we are looking forward to welcoming you back.
As you will be aware, it has been announced that Birmingham is to be placed in Tier 3. Outlined below are all the activities you can enjoy within the Tier 3 restrictions.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
During November, we have reviewed our Covid-19 protocols and we encourage you to read and understand these updated measures below before you plan your visit to the Club:
- Do not visit the club if you are feeling unwell, especially if you display any one or more of the following symptoms: high temperature, persistent cough and/or loss of taste and/or smell.
- On entry to the clubhouse and Indoor Tennis Centre you will be asked to take a self-service temperature check. If you record a high temperature you must leave the site.
- Ensure you scan the QR code with your NHS Covid-19 App as you check in to the club. This will help the track and trace service to stop the spread of the virus.
- Ensure you wear a mask in all club buildings (Clubhouse, courts 7&8 and the Indoor Tennis Centre). Be prepared to be challenged by staff if you are not wearing a mask. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, we would be grateful if you could show your exemption card.
- Follow the one way system, maintain social distancing and sanitise your hands regularly.
- To help staff manage member support bubbles at the club, we ask you to provide our Operations Director, Robert Saffery, with the person/people in your exclusive support bubble.
- With us now being under tighter restrictions, we ask you to observe the following – Arrive, Enjoy your activity and Leave.
If together we can follow these precautions, we will be playing our part in moving Birmingham out of Tier 3 restrictions.
Please read our Tennis under Tier 3 Guide for guidance on playing tennis at the club. All our group tennis programmes for adults and juniors and Social Tennis will restart from 2nd December. An email will be sent to tennis playing members next week with more details of activities and events planned for the future.
GYM & GROUP EXERCISE
- The gym will reopen and we will reinstate Cardio Studio 2 in the Group Exercise Studio to provide more capacity.
- As indoor group exercise is not permitted under Tier 3 restrictions, we will be offering a range of outdoor classes, including Cardio Tennis and Boot Camp classes. We will also be adding more variety to the Zoom classes to include Yoga, Pilates and a Squash Fitness session. The new fitness class timetable will be issued to members early next week.
INDOOR AND OUTDOOR POOLS
- Indoor and outdoor pools will reopen from 2nd December.
- Members may book three sessions in the pool in advance from Monday to Sunday. You are free to book any further available sessions from midnight the day before the session of your choice.
- The sauna and steam room will remain closed under Tier 3.
SQUASH AND RACKETBALL
We have just received the official guidance from England Squash on squash and racketball play within the new tier levels. You may view the guidance HERE.
As a club we will be reviewing this guidance and will share how we plan to support you through the Tier 3 restrictions.
BAR, BISTRO & EVENTS
Sadly, under Tier 3, the Bar and Bistro, family room and business lounge must remain closed. We look forward to reopening when we return to Tier 2.
The good news is that we are planning some festive online events for members throughout December with more details to follow next week.
Our Food and Beverage Manager, Ryan Floyd, will also be in touch with our more vulnerable members, for whom the clubhouse is a second home, to offer support.
We will be working hard over the next few days to prepare the club for reopening. If you have any queries please email us at contactus.
We thank you for your fantastic support and we look forward to seeing you back in the club from 2nd December.