Edgbaston Priory Club is delighted to be hosting a Summer Fizz Charity Auction on Saturday 30th August at 7.30pm in support of the Save Moorpool Estate Campaign.
Enjoy canapés and bubbly alongside live music and a charity auction whilst playing your part in saving this historic part of Birmingham.
The Moor Pool Estate in Harborne is one of the last remaining intact garden suburbs in the UK. The estate is currently under threat of sale to private interests which will see it broken up and sold off, depriving the local residents of community halls , a skittle alley, snooker hall, community shops, tennis courts, a bowling green, fishing pond and allotments.
Local residents have set up a charity, the Moor Pool Heritage Trust (MPHT) and have been offered first refusal to purchase these facilities but they only have until September 2014 to raise the £325,000 needed to buy them and protect them for community use.
By coming along to the Summer Fizz event you will be helping to save this unique area of Birmingham for future generations.
Amongst the lots on offer are:
• Free sale voucher for any house/flat with Hadleighs Estate Agents
• A tour of the House of Commons for two including lunch, offered by Gisela Stuart MP
• A pastel portrait sitting, worth around £300 by the professional artist Graham Kershaw
• A house make-over worth £1,000 with Nook Accessories offered by Wentworth and Rose Estate Agents
• A two night trip to Paris for a family of four by National Express in the superbly located Solar hotel donated by Diana Fiveash and National Express
• A Chauffer-driven vintage car trip for three together with countryside tea
• A visit to the BBC ‘Midlands Today’ studio to see the programme being made
• A day pass at Edgbaston Priory Club together with a complimentary lunch with wine in the Bistro
In addition there will be over 50 prizes auctioned on the night by Stephen Whittaker of Fellows Auctioneers from the Jewellery Quarter.
Tickets for the event are priced at £30 per head and are available from the Club’s Reception or email member Diana Fiveash on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offers can be made for any of the lots before the event, up to the 25th of August (inclusive). Post bids in writing to Moor Pool Auction, 32 Park Hill Rd, Birmingham, B17 9SL with a description of the lot, your highest bid, name, mobile number and email address.
For more information on the Save Moorpool Campaign click here