Following the Prime Minister’s update, we would like to reassure members that sporting and fitness activities remain unaffected by the latest announcement. Organised sports and activities that have been through return to play protocols are Covid-19 compliant and can therefore continue.
What has changed?
The key area affected is the Bar and Bistro. In light of the new procedures (some of which are required by law) that come into effect on Thursday 24th September, we wish to reassure members of the measures we are putting in place to ensure the safety of members and staff.
- Rule of 6 – social gatherings of members must not exceed six people in any setting, indoor or outdoors, and groups cannot mix under any circumstances.
- Face masks are required to be worn by the Bar & Bistro team at all times.
- From 24th September, we will require all members to wear facemasks in all communal areas of the club, including the Bar & Bistro areas when you are not seated at a table. As you enter, move around and leave the Bar area a face mask must be worn by law.
- The Bar & Bistro team are obligated under law to offer table service only.
- For your additional safety, we will be implementing a mobile App ordering service for drinks which will be extended to the full food menu as soon as possible.
- As we are only able to offer table service, we strongly advise you to make a table reservation in advance should you wish to use the Bar & Bistro area, whether it be for a drink or a meal. Further details are available below on how you can make reservations.
- When you arrive in the Bar please ask a member of the team who will show you to a table.
- Unfortunately, we will need to temporarily suspend the use of the member card for payments in the Bar and Bistro as we will be unable to process payments in a table service setting under Covid-secure guidelines. Please bear with us as we look for a solution.
Payments will be able to be made via most major debit/credit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay. We have also reduced the “base price” of all drinks to reflect the 15% discount offered to members.
Making a table reservation
Members can only book tables via our online table reservation service. Please note we are unable to take bookings over the phone.
Members can book a table via Table Agent
We would recommend that you save this link as a bookmark or on the home screen of your mobile device or tablet for easy access for future bookings. Should you want any assistance on how to use the reservation portal please get in touch with our Bar and Bistro Manager, Ryan Floyd.
Ordering food and drink
Initially, we will offer an online application where members can order drinks direct to their table and pay on their mobile device (debit, credit or Apple Pay). This app will be accessible from a QR code or web address available at your table with clear instructions to follow.
We will start by taking food orders at your table and move as quickly as possible to enabling you to order food via the mobile app as well.
We recognise that the booking of tables and online ordering may feel alien for many members here at the club. However, we would like to emphasise that these measures are required to protect us all from infection.
We would also like to reassure you that staff will be on hand to support members who may at first feel uncomfortable ordering food and drinks online.
If you would like to discuss your experience with us in the Bar & Bistro please do not hesitate to contact our Bar & Bistro Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.