Following a period of dormancy, the club was resurrected in September 2013 and is proving very popular among our members. We are members of the English Bridge Union and there are currently more than 140 players on our bridge database.
When We Play:
Duplicate bridge sessions
- Tuesdays at 1.00pm (arrive at 12.45pm) – for regular bridge plays who want to play more serious and competitive bridge. NB: EBU Master Points are awarded. Finish time is 4pm.
- Thursdays at 7.15pm (arrive at 7.00pm) – with a pre-supper option – for ‘friendly’ and relaxed social bridge, ideal for improvers and regular players. Finish time is approx. 10.15pm.
- Are held on alternate Tuesdays
- Tutor: Peter Nicholds
- Location: The Meeting Room
- Cost of lesson – £5 per head per lesson
- New/Recent Beginners at 1.30pm
- Improvers at 2.30pm
- Advanced Improvers at 12 noon
- NB: New for January 2017 – a beginners weekend crash course
For details of lessons click on Edgbaston Priory Bridge Lessons 2016
We have a director to supervise each duplicate session and you will see the date for each session and who is the director on the dedicated website. They score each session and put the results on the website which can then be accessed immediately by players.
We welcome new members. Please turn up a few minutes early on the day and register with the director. Members’ guests are also welcome but they are subject to the Club’s normal terms and conditions for visitors.
Details of duplicate bridge results together with other information may be found at www.bridgewebs.com/edgbastonpriory
If you would like any more information on the Bridge Club, please contact Bridge Committee Member Sue Froggatt.
For biographies of the current Bridge Committee click here